Thursday, 30 August 2018

លោក សម រង្ស៊ី ស្នើសុំឡើងតុលាការ ទន្ទឹម លោក កឹម សុខា ដើម្បីប្រឈមមុខការចោទប្រកាន់ ពីបទ "ក្បត់ជាតិ"


Image may contain: 5 people, crowd


២៩ សីហា ២០១៨ / 29 August 2018 - Sam Rainsy must face prosecution on "treason" charges along with Kem Sokha (*)


លោក សម រង្ស៊ី ស្នើសុំឡើងតុលាការ ទន្ទឹម លោក កឹម សុខា ដើម្បីប្រឈមមុខការចោទប្រកាន់ ពីបទ "ក្បត់ជាតិ"។

លោក សម រង្ស៊ី ធ្វើសំណើបែបនេះ ដោយសារតែ លោកជាប្រធានគណបក្សសង្គ្រោះជាតិ ហើយមានការទទួលខុសត្រូវធំជាងគេបង្អស់ នៅឆ្នាំ ២០១៣ គឺនៅពេលដែលលោក កឹម សុខា ជាអនុប្រធាន ធ្វើសុន្ទរកថាមួយ នៅប្រទេសអូស្ត្រាលី ដែលអាជ្ញាធរទីក្រុងភ្នំពេញ យកសុន្ទរកថានោះធ្វើជាលេស ដើម្បីចោទប្រកាន់លោក កឹម សុខា ពីបទក្បត់ជាតិ និងរំលាយគណបក្សសង្គ្រោះជាតិតែម្តង។ បើមិនមានការចូលរួមពីលោក សម រង្ស៊ី ផងដែរ ក្នុងការកាត់ទោសលោក កឹម សុខា នោះ ការជំនុំជម្រះបែបនេះ វាគ្មានន័យអ្វីទាល់តែសោះ ពីព្រោះអ្នកដែលទទួលខុសត្រូវធំជាងគេ ក្នុងជួរគណបក្សសង្គ្រោះជាតិ នៅពេលនោះ គឺលោក សម រង្ស៊ី ឯណេះទេ។

តាមការពិត ការកាត់ទោសលោក កឹម សុខា តែម្នាក់ឯង ដោយមិនកាត់ទោសលោក សម រង្ស៊ី ជាមួយគ្នាផងដែរ មិនអាចទៅរួចទេ តាមផ្លូវច្បាប់ និងគតិយុត្តិធម៌។ ដូច្នេះ មានវិធីតែមួយគត់ ដើម្បីដោះលែងលោក កឹម សុខា គឺការទម្លាក់ចោល នូវការចោទប្រកាន់ទាំងអស់ ចំពោះរូបលោក ហើយព្រះមហាក្សត្រ ក៏មិនចាំបាច់លើកលែងទោសអ្វីទេ ឲ្យលោក កឹម សុខា ពីព្រោះលោកមិនមានទោសអ្វីឡើយ។

***

(*) August 29, 2018

SAM RAINSY MUST FACE PROSECUTION ON “TREASON” CHARGES
ALONG WITH KEM SOKHA

If a trial on “treason” charges is to be set for Kem Sokha, the last president of the now-dissolved Cambodia National Rescue Party (CNRP) then,

I, Sam Rainsy, co-founder and former president of the same CNRP, officially ask to be accused of the same “treason” charges jointly with Kem Sokha, and to face prosecution along with my former colleague and successor Kem Sokha.

I am making this legitimate request on the following grounds:



- I was the president of the CNRP from its foundation in 2012 until my resignation in February 2017.

- When Kem Sokha made his speech in Australia in December 2013 elaborating on the support the CNRP had been receiving from US-based prodemocracy organisations such as the International Republican Institute (IRI) and the National Democrat Institute (NDI), he was the vice president of the CNRP while I was the president.

- In my capacity as CNRP president I was at the top of the party’s decision making process and I supervised its most important activities, including the reception and allocation of foreign aid that helped the party to develop and to implement its strategy.

- I had met with IRI and NDI in Washington DC more often than Kem Sokha and had had with them and other US organisations the most detailed discussions on assistance to be provided to the Cambodian democratic opposition.

- If there is any accusation as serious as “treason” charges against the CNRP or any of its high-ranking officials, I must be the first person to be investigated and to possibly face prosecution.

- Prosecuting Kem Sokha alone is not only unfair, but also absurd.

- Prosecuting Kem Sokha alone only exposes the Hun Sen regime’s undemocratic plan to dissolve and ban the only credible opposition party, meaning the CNRP, under an easy but clumsy and ludicrous pretext, namely the charges of “treason” raised against Kem Sokha alone.

In conclusion, the only option for a serious resolution of the Kem Sokha’s case and the only way to start a needed process aimed at restoring democracy in Cambodia, is for the Hun Sen regime to drop all the trumped-up charges against Kem Sokha and to immediately release him from jail.

Sam Rainsy
Co-founder and former president of CNRP

No comments: